The main recurring topic of this year has been injuries, including a few broken bones. The reality is that this probably isn’t being unlucky, but more a lack of care and an increase in activities which have accounted for them all. So, what has been happening this year?
- 15-Jan – bike tumble, broken finger
- 06-Mar – bike crash, broken wrist, broken thumb, dislocated humerus etc
- 27-Jul – right foot injury, out of action for 5 weeks
- 25-Aug – toenail falls off, lolz
- 25-Aug – left foot injury, out of action for 10 days
- 15-Sep – broken right forefinger, swimming, lolz
- 13-Oct – left foot injury, out of action for 3 weeks
- Mid November – broken rib, caused by eldest daughter putting her full weight on my ribcage via her knee
Yeah, I’m hoping this doesn’t become a regular scenario. Lessons to be learnt?
- Don’t go round corners on my bike too aggressively when it is wet
- Learn to swim properly so I don’t punch the hand rail because my technique is so poor
- Run less, or at least shorter distances
- Don’t wrestle with eldest daughter
No doubt I will find other ways to injure myself, but what’s the alternative – staying in and doing nothing?